Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Linda Parker

ET
IL

I Jukes. (2013, February 19). Glad you asked about the digital generation. [Web log comment]. 

       Retrieved from:  http://fluency21.com/blog/2013/02/19/ask-ian/

I enjoyed reading this article and was reminded that kids today are growing up and learning in a different age than when I was a child.  Granted, different learning styles have been discussed for generations, yet, technology has certainly brought an aspect to learning that has not had to be considered before.  I found it very interesting to learn about the physiology behind the way our brains are wired including how technology affects that wiring.  I was encouraged and spurred on to look for creative ways to engage students coming through the library where I work, especially in the use of technology to keep them interested, learning, and maybe even a little entertained.  In my view, learning comes more easily when you're having fun doing it!



No comments:

Post a Comment