Friday, September 16, 2016

The Information Literacy User ’s Guide: A Remixed Open, Online Textbook

A free open source textbook on information literacy from The College of New Rochelle in New Rochelle New York.

Pros: In-depth FREE textbook on information literacy, well organized, you can cherry pick for only the information you need, great examples, excellent graphic orginizers.

Cons: In-depth textbook*

*full disclosure I'm cherry picking right now as there is no way I will be able to sit and read if all over the course of this review. I am really enjoying what I am reading. They provide great examples, the information is current and timely, and the graphic organizers help me to visualize what information literacy really looks like to my students.

Fazzino, L., Kahn, M., Octobre, M., Sucre, N., & Turley, J. (2016). The information literacy user’s guide: A remixed open, online textbook. Retrieved from http://digitalcommons.cnr.edu/gill-publications/59. Licensed under CC-BY-NC-SA and derived from Bernnard, D., Bobish, G., Bullis, D., Hecker, J., Holden, I., Hosier, A… Lorey, T. (2014). The information literacy user’s guide: An open, online textbook. Retrieved from http://textbooks.opensuny.org/the-information-literacy-users-guide-an-open-online-textbook/.

No comments:

Post a Comment