Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Keith, E.K.

CO - Collaboration
CO - Collaboration Tools
IL - Communication of Products
online learning

The Must-Have Tools for Online Learning

Reference:


Davidson, P. (2014, January 8). The must-have tools for online learners. Retrieved from Edudemic: http://www.edudemic.com/tools-for-online-learners/
  
More collaboration tools! This is a list of tools that the author believes are essential for online learning. Although Blogger is one of the items mentioned, this list seems to assume that everyone already knows about the Google options, and offers ideas outside of that box. The list headings are generic, and the author offers specific details in the text. The applications mentioned in the article are all free to use. They include: Blogger, KidBlog, UberConference, Facebook, Evernote, and Edmodo.

Here are the must-have tools for online learners:
* Webcam
* Headset
* Blog
* Conference Program
* Social Media
* Software to use for note-taking
* Educational Software for online learning

Because this is a very good-looking blog, the fact-checker in me always goes to the source. So, I went to each of these sites to check them out. There were a couple that really got my attention. UberConference holds really interesting possibilities for collaboration, and I wonder if anyone in our class has any experience using it. Evernote also got my attention, and while I was there I also learned about Skitch. If you like to annotate pictures, check out Skitch. It is also free.

This list is helping me grow my understanding of the number of FREE tools that are out there to aid in online collaboration and online learning. It is also making it clear how quickly things change in the online world!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment