Tuesday, August 1, 2017

The Voucher System

Katy Golden

CA

Catapano, J. (n.d.). What is a voucher system? Retrieved from http://www.teachhub.com/what-voucher-system.

I thought this article was helpful because I had a lot of questions about the voucher system. This simple article articulates both the pros and cons of a voucher system and its effect on schools, students, and discrimination. It also briefly discusses the few states that have experimented with the voucher system and how it has (and might) affect curriculum and standards in both public and private schools.

I really appreciated this arrticle because I thought it was a pretty unbiased and comprehensive overview of the concept. In Michigan, there are very strong feelings about the voucher system - and charter schools in general - so it was nice to read the justification behind the system and see that it can have good intentions. I don't know what will happen with the public and private school system, but after reading this article, I feel like I have more of the facts.

No comments:

Post a Comment