Thursday, August 3, 2017

Zepnick, Jaclyn

Z

Smithsonian National Museum of American History. (2017).  Do Try This At Home! Retrieved from http://invention.si.edu/try/do-try-home

This is a “fun” link I found while browsing the web for ideas in creating a Virtual Makerspace for the library I work at. Via the Smithsonian’s “Fun Stuff for Kids Online,” the Lemelson Center for the Study of Invention and Innovation has an entirely different approach to fun stuff for kids not online. 


While I could not incorporate any of these activities into my Virtual Makerspace (that would defeat the purpose of being “virtual”), I thought teachers and teacher librarians could get ideas about activities that students can physically do in class, the library, or at home. Make sure to click on the Spark!Lab and Encouraging Innovative Thinking tabs too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment