Friday, March 17, 2017

Practicing Learner-Centered Teaching

Hudson, Evelyn

ET

Megwalu, A. (2014, July-September). Practicing learner-centered teaching. Reference Librarian, 55, 252-255. doi:10.1080/02763877.2014.910438

This article discusses the importance of centering teaching strategies around the learner. The author asserts that when librarians build on existing knowledge, students feel less overwhelmed by the knowledge and gain confidence as their skills grow. The author also provides two real-life examples of using learner-centered teaching in a reference situation.

This article was useful to me because it directly related to my experiences as a librarian. The real-life examples showed me that the content of the article was actually valid and a change I could implement immediately. I also felt that the strategies would be useful outside of a reference situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment