Monday, April 3, 2017

Personal learning environments (PLEs): A collection of definitions

Buchem, I. (2010). Personal learning environments: A collection of definitions. Retrieved from

Summary:
This is a PowerPoint presentation with a collection of 14 different definitions for “Personal Learning Environment.”

Analysis:  
I am including this in the blog, because as I was reading articles about personal learning environments  I got frustrated that I did not have a clear definition in my mind of exactly what researchers meant by that term.  They all seemed to picture a PLE a little differently.  When I went to find a single definition I could not do so.  It seems there is no one agreed upon definition. But reading through these 14 different definitions the author has gathered from different sources, does a lot to help a reader gain a clearer understanding of what a PLE is and can look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment