Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Why Technology Alone Won't Fix Schools


Iansito, Karah

IL

Toyama, K. (2015, June 3).  Why technology alone won’t fix schools.  The Atlantic. Retrieved
Summary
Toyama argues in this article that if inequality is what ails public education, technology alone can not help, and, in fact, will only serve to amplify existing inequities.  
Evaluation
Reading this article was a bit of a revelation to me.  I have been an English teacher for 14 years in a diverse socio-economic public school, and have long felt skeptical about the advent of technology in the classroom.  This article named for me what I have been feeling.  I came to the article via a book given to me by my supervisor, Amplify:  Digital Teaching and Learning in the K-6 Classroom by Katie Muhtaris and Kristin Ziemke.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment